Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rough starts don't last

   2014 has started out rough for me physically.  I have been trying to focus on my training so I can make my way to Boston, but its been hard.  I started out the year with an injury that has been lingering.  I was playing volleyball with some friends and I landed on the net support.  I don't have a clue what the proper name is for the thing, but it owned me.  I managed to roll my ankle in a way that I have never done before.   So the first few weeks of the new year I had a pretty sweet gangster limp going on.   Once my ankle was finally up to speed and I was ready to get done to business I developed an ingrown toe nail on the same foot.   The combinations of the two injuries have made the month a January a wash for training.  However, rough starts don't last!!  Yesterday I was able to get in my first decent run of the new year.  I was able to run 6 miles and the ankle/toe felt great.  The moral of the story is this......  Rough Starts don't Last!!   If you are willing to keep working and chipping away at it you can over come any rough start.  Thats goes for anything in life.  I am now back to the training and determined to push harder than ever for Boston.   Run Bobo Run

No comments:

Post a Comment